Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wear and Tear


I'm wearing my yoga pants at work today.

They're a modern cut of yoga pants. The type that look like dress pants with a kicky little flare, but have the comfortable give of blended spandex. They hide a multitude of figure flaws.

I don't actually do yoga, I just have an entire collection of yoga gear in my closet.

If a sudden and overwhelming need to do Downward Dog or stand on one leg like a tree should overcome me, I'll be ready.

On this, my last day of work before vacation, my yoga pants are a talisman against stress. They're telegraphing my brain to remind me to breathe. How important is it? This, too, shall pass.

When I think about it, I have many other items in my closet that I invest with the same supernatural powers that I ascribe to my yoga pants.

I have the Lucky Power Presentation Outfit -- the few items that work together to give me the Wonder Woman-like confidence to sell through any creative idea -- the Pretty As Can Be Outfit and the Don't Mess With Me Outfit.

Tomorrow, I'll be wearing the best outfit of all. The Going to See my Friend in Maui Outfit.

Not sure what it will entail, just yet, but I'm pretty sure it will involve a sign around my neck that reads "Unaccompanied Minor". Here's to clear skies ahead.

Happy Tuesday, everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Aloha!

wendywalnut said...

wow! have fun!! can't wait to hear how it goes! i hope you can sneak online and post a few blog entries - i keep up with them! :) xow