Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time Change

My body says 3:15 p.m., but the clock says 9:15 a.m. I'm afraid this won't bode well for leading tonight's conga line.

After more than ten hours in the air, I landed in Maui last evening. Barb was there, looking tanned and lovely, at the bottom of the escalator. We came home to their amazing place in the rain forest, where the tiki torches were burning and the hospitality is over-flowing. I'm starting legal adoption proceedings this afternoon.

It's paradise!

But you know what's NOT paradise? Travelling anywhere on a plane these days.

I took two different airlines yesterday -- Air Canada and United. 10 hours in the air. And the ONLY free bit of nourishment I was given was a pack of pretzels.

I think the pretzels were an ironic nod to the way my spine felt after being squeezed against the window for the last leg of the journey -- trying to avoid getting hit in the head (again) by one of the 20-odd revellers, wearing the same electric green t-shirts, all heading to Maui to celebrate Alex's Bat Mitzvah.

Oy vey.

1 comment:

Hez said...

Aloha!!! Hope you're having a great time!

Oh, and... if you come back with a tan like Barb's, I might have to reconsider calling you my friend.