Thursday, June 19, 2008

My laughter cup needs filling up


My sweet and crazy friend, Barb, wrote the words above on a postcard that she mailed to me in care of the office. In the spot where she felt compelled to indicate my title, Barb wrote: "Buxom Blonde".

This gives you an idea of the sort of trip I'm looking forward to.

Whether I was headed to Maui or Minnesota, I'd have just as much fun if Barb was along.

It's funny that Barb should mention cups at all, since hers is always, ALWAYS half full.

When I've seen her get irritable -- and hey, it happens, we worked in a pressure cooker together -- it lasts for a short time and then its over. Like a passing cramp. Barb doesn't wallow and she doesn't feel sorry for herself. Happiness is her greatest currency.

Today I raise cup of laughter to Barb. In six sleeps, my friend. Six sleeps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought -- if you included "Buxom Blonde" in your online dating profile you might find that your cup will runneth over...

©km said...

Oh, to be compared to a passing cramp....