Wednesday, June 11, 2008

28 Days Later


Synchronous menstruation has frequently been observed among groups of women living together. It's a physiological phenomenon.

I don't know whether it's the result of large groups of women-folk heading out to see Sex and the City, or the recent heat wave, but every woman in my department has been peeking this week. They've alternately been bemoaning their expanding waistlines and hoovering back 20-packs of Timbits. There's been a run on blemish cover-up.

The energy is decidedly tightly wound.

I'd laugh, except "WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE LAUGHING AT ME! Do you think I'm pretty?"

Sometimes I'm very grateful for not having a period.

I'm holding my breath. The all-clear signal is when everyone starts taking her purse to the bathroom.

No comments: