Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation Checklist

Musn't forget:

1) A positive attitude. You can never have too much of that.

2) #45 sunscreen. This is a nod to the Scots who contributed to my genetic make-up. By crawling out of the peat bogs as they did, they ensured I'd spent a lifetime without any measure of pigmentation.

3) Two not-quite-serious-enough books. I once went on an all inclusive vacation with a group of girls. A few of them brought along some pretty serious reads -- A Map of the World and Fugitive Pieces. I brought along a seering look at the Jon Benet Ramsay murder case. Guess who did more pool side reading?

4) US, People, In Touch, etc. God I miss the demise of Weekly World News. The continuing adventures of Bat Boy were always good for half hour of flight time. Instead, I will have to contend myself with: Stars, they're just like us.

5) Snacks. I'm an eat every two hours kind of girl. It's crazy that they don't serve you anything to eat anymore. I have a baggy full of raisin boxes and Kashii bars. I'll fit right in during my layover in San Francisco.

Ready for takeoff!

No comments: