Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life is a Cabaret, old chum


I love musicals.

Not musicals with singing cats, per se, but really big, complex, show-stopping musicals that deal with the big issues in life. Things like gaming addictions and co-dependency (Guys and Dolls) gender-bending cabaret performers and the Nazi rise to power (Cabaret) and loveless librarians and the dreamers they long for (The Music Man).

So, you can imagine my excitement when I was briefed on radio ads for two of my faves -- Cabaret and The Music Man. They're appearing at the Stratford Festival this summer.

The client is a bit concerned about the declining numbers (new passport requirements and a teetering economy south of the border) so their appetite for truly bizarre creative is low, but it certainly didn't stop me from marching to work to the music of 76 Trombones this morning. It would be impossible to love this project any more.

And that's not all. I also get to do a couple of spots for the Shakesperian side of the house. Finally...the rewards of reading the Bard's entire canon!

Happy Day in copy land.

2 comments:

Hez said...

I'm so jealous. But... I feel slightly better knowing that I purchased my ticket to Cabaret at Stratford MONTHS ago. (Could we be any more alike????)

©km said...

I think you are one of the very few people I know who is doing what they really SHOULD be doing, for a living.