Friday, March 21, 2008

Thank Good It's Friday

I'm trying to work up a bit of enthusiasm about the long drive northward for Easter weekend.

My Mom's really looking forward to the visit, but I'm still tired from the assault on Montreal. In truth, she probably wouldn't miss me too much, what with her three-hour-a-day pre-Easter church habit.

I've been getting some of my own religious inspiration of late from listening to Bach's Magnificat.

Talk about a terrific piece of music. The version I've been listening to is from the Academy of Ancient Music and the choir from King's College, Cambridge.

I put it on and my spirit soars. I can actually feel it lightening my load. When the pressures of life press down on your shoulders, it's nice to have a guy like Bach to remind you that you're not going it alone.

Maybe Bach would fancy a little trip to North Bay.

No comments: