Friday, March 28, 2008

Developing an attitude of gratitude

In an effort to stop watching life's double feature, affectionately known as "Pity Party," I recently started keeping a gratitude journal.

Once a day -- usually before bed -- I write at least five things I'm grateful for.

Gratitude shows pity the door.

Being thankful for what I have, rather than what I don't have or have lost, really helps me put things in perspective.

Going from "poor me" to "lucky me" actually makes me a happier person to be around.

Today I'm grateful for:

1) The arrival of spring. Someone I know saw a crocus. A billion more can't be far behind.
2) Good health. There's nothing else, really.
3) Clarity.
4) Starbucks Tall XH Soy Latte
5) The beheaded Lindt bunny in my freezer, waiting for me.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I hate the pity party, especially one that isn't being held for me!

Great post. Great reminder.

Thanks!

Joe

Anonymous said...

Should you freeze chocolate?