Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Everyone's a winner, baby

The other half of Team Awesome has been complaining loudly about not winning during the Roll Up the Rim to Win event. Every day, his Facebook status chalks up another loss.

Stuff like: "17 and counting...damn you Tim Hortons!".

I've been talking to him about the power of positive thinking.

By focusing on the negative, he's actually continuing to draw it towards himself. He sort of gets it....then he lapses into old behaviour when his rolled rim reveals yet another "Try Again."

So, yesterday afternoon, after I'd had just about enough of meetings and more meetings, I did a little Vision Board for him. You'll know what I'm talking about if you read The Secret.

In the centre -- a Tim Hortons Logo, surrounded by images of cars, coffee cups, boats and trailers, donuts and cookies.

I pasted positive words and phrases I'd cut out of magazines. Things like "Winner", and "You can do it," and my particular favourite, "Wicked Good."

To keep his mind clearly focused on goodness, I added a few random images. A picture of a kitten in a box, two squirrels hugging, and a chimp wearing a party hat.

It's hard to think about losing when you've got this kind of positivity hitting you between the eyes.

Finally, I added a tiny little image of Osama Bin Laden (rechristened Osama Bin Latte), because while he's winning the Roll Up the Rim to Win Event, he might as well focus on the War on Terror as well.

The way I figure it, you'll have to try really hard to lose with that Vision Board around.

I left it on his desk before I went home last night. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

©km said...

ML, you're special.
In the best way, of course.