Friday, March 7, 2008

Good Gifts

One of my good and generous pals -- the self-same pal whose husband brought me back the pair of toasty warm UGGS from Australia -- emailed me yesterday with an invite.

Would I like to join her at Massey Hall for the KD Lang concert?

Hubby bought her a couple of extra tickets for her birthday. He thought she'd enjoy a girl's night.

Talk about a lovely surprise. So, of course, I said no. Just kidding.

I called her up and said, "You may want to hold the phone away from your ear while I do this," and proceeded to squeal into the receiver.

I saw KD once before at Roy Thompson Hall, the year she released the Songs of the 49th Parallel album. She was fantastic.

While I tend to feel nervous for some performers, thinking "Will they be able to make that note?", KD's sound is so effortless that you can just relax and enjoy yourself. You just know you're in the presence of greatness.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I love this song.
Constant Craving

Have a good time.

Joe

Anonymous said...

kd lang is one of the few singers that I know of that actually uses her voice, her gift, as an instrument. And she can coax other-wordly melodies from her talent. love her, love her, love her.