Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tales from the women's prison

Just back from my business trip, where my colleagues and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at the site of the city's first women's prison. Ironically, our group consisted of a gaggle (or giggle) of five women, which in itself can feel a little confining.

If you're ever in Montreal and have a couple of hundred dollars to burn, I'd heartily recommend the place. It's called Da Emma.

When you sit down, they give each person a huge, individual serving of bruschetta, rubbed with garlic and olive oil, and topped with perfectly ripened chopped tomatoes and basil. There's an Italian Mama cooking in the kitchen and pictures of visiting celebrities -- Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie and George Clooney -- on the wall by the door. It's located in the Old Port.

Other than this dinner, served late at night, and twenty minutes in a car between meetings, I could have been in Bolivia. That's how much I saw of the city.

Very sleepy today.

No comments: