Thursday, October 25, 2007

Evolutionary

Today I had lunch with the Director of Information and Development for the Charles Darwin Foundation in the Galapagos.

Now THAT'S an interesting job.

He's an American dude who lives in Quito, Ecuador.

Part of our lunch time conversation involved a discussion of what is being done to address the indigenous rat problem on the islands. (Not enough, apparently. They're big MFs.) This is slightly different from the regular lunchtime conversations I usually have about Britney and her underpants back at the office.

We shared a table with a heavily accented Scottish fellow who was presenting a talk on Major Gifts Fundraising.

He looked a lot like he could have been fast friends with either Collin or Justin -- the gay as larks decorating pals from HGTV.Interestingly, his name was actually Collin.

Tonight I'm having dinner with the Brits from our sister agency. Then I'm hoping to find some Australians. I'll know they're Australians, because they'll still be here at the conference at 3 a.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous I could die. However I can't die due to all the endorphins pulsing through my body from my laughter at the Dutch language/sentence structure blurb.

Say hello to the Dutch for me and give Elenora a big hug.

Miss you doll. Enjoy the journey.

xob