Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Da Vinci Code

I want to have sex with every man, woman and child in Milan.

Everyone’s so bloody good-looking and fashionable that it’s hard not to feel like a dancing bear in comparison.

Have I mentioned I have a terrace?

I think I’ve landed one of the best hotel deals in Milan. The rate is varying between 79 and 99 Euros per night – including breakfast. This is a phenomenal deal for this city. In fact, it would probably be a phenomenal deal for Toronto.

Today part of my 3,000 km walk included a visit to the Museo Nazionale Della Scienza e Della Technologia Leonardo Da Vinci. See what I mean about the vowels?

One of the reasons I chose this museum is that it contains an excellent reproduction of The Last Supper – painted some time in the mid 1600s. (Leonardo was painting The Last Supper while we were stripping birch bark off trees and trying not to die of scurvy.)

The actual Last Supper is located in a church down the street from the museum.

Admission to the original is only with a timed ticket and tickets sell out months in advance – primarily to Americans who have read The Da Vinci Code. (I’m putting money on the fact that more Americans have read The Da Vinci Code than have read The Declaration of Independence.)

SO and I saw the original the last time we were in Milan, so I’m not that fussed about it.

Today’s flavours on the gelato tour: Fig and Macadamia Nut.

1 comment:

©km said...

I was loving your post until the last two words... :)