Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Early Adopters

I had dinner at my boss's house last night.

Shelley's husband, Carl, is an account director at our digital agency and a classic early adopter.

He's got a sparkling new i-Phone (downloaded some pirated software and broken the code so he can use it in Canada) and the most incredible home theatre system I've ever seen. They have actual theatre seats (complete with cup holders) and a HD projection screen, which makes the picture look larger than the VIP screening room at the Varsity.

In classic hyper geek style, we watched the beginning of Star Wars on it. Cue C3PO noise and light sabre swooshing.

So, after a glass of wine, he invites me to play Wii with him. Oh my god. No really, oh my god.

We played tennis, and it was like an actual tennis match.

I could get so addicted to this! Once I figured out the timing, I made him play me until I actually won a match -- it's the only child rule.

Wii could get addictive for me.

Once, when we lived in Ottawa, I could incredibly addicted to something called Apeiron. I used to fall asleep with my clicker finger twitching. Stephen finally had to delete it off our system or I'd still be playing it.

1 comment:

Hez said...

Haha! I can definitely see you getting addicted to Wii. I've only played it once, but I love it, too! How do I get an invite over to Shelley's place??? :P