Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Blurr of Gratitude


About four out of five nights in the week, I cart my little iBook home from work.

Up until now, I've been using the the shoulder bag that work provided. It's standard issue and meant to be slung over one shoulder. Trouble is, the computer's heavy and feels even heavier the longer you carry it.

After many months of this, I was beginning to feel like my posture was better suited to playing crazy organ music in the rafters of Notre Dame.

Couldn't really imagine carrying my computer and my purse and enough clothes to last me two weeks on my whirlwind trip to Europe.

Enter KM. What an excellent researcher she is!

After I told her that I was looking for a bag -- and I really wasn't "looking" anywhere, I was simply talking about looking, which is what I do when I procrastinate -- Ms. K. started sending me links to suitably ergonomically designed computer bags. Cute ones, too.

She even, quite cleverly, suggested that I measure my computer to ensure that it actually fit in the new computer bag. (KM is an engineer. She thinks of these things. I simple look at the colour.)

Of the many she suggested, I decided on the one above (it's called Blurr) which KM, in her generosity, actually purchased at MEC for me...and delivered over coffee, yesterday.

Wow. Who does that?

She also made me laugh when she showed me that she had cut out a piece of paper the size of my laptop and inserted it into the backpack to ensure that it would fit properly. That's why we trust people like KM to build bridges, and we forbid people like me from owning power tools.

Anyway, I wore my cute little Blurr home last night, and to work this morning. It's fashionable and functional. And it makes me feel like an eight year old French school girl. This is not really a bad thing, since French school girls probably all smoke Gitanes and eye each other's husbands.

Anyway, word to KM. You really took the weight off my shoulders.

2 comments:

©km said...

but we trust people like ML to create spots that tug at our heart strings in a way that Justin Trudeau never could...

Anonymous said...

Okay, the paper cutout of the laptop is kind of crazy! (but super thoughtful)