Saturday, September 22, 2007

Voice of a generation


Annie Lennox will be playing Massey Hall on October 23rd. I'll be in the Netherlands. Tickets go on sale Monday at 11 a.m. Her new album, Songs of Mass Destruction, comes out on October 2nd.

There's no greater fan of Annie than my BFF, SO. We used to joke that in his next life, SO wanted to be reincarnated as a pair of Annie's leather pants.

We saw her once, with Dave Stewart (the Eurythmics), live at the Budokhan in Tokyo. I think it was 1987. She filled the hall with her amazing, unique and soulful voice. She's an absolute original.

I'll never forget the shrill cry of a young Japanese woman, who pleaded from the floor: "I ROVE YOU, ANNIE!"

Twenty years later, she's still making music. A true artist. Where will Britney be in 20 years?

1 comment:

©km said...

I'm so happy that you're adding photos to your blog now.

Looking forward to the raw fish tonight.

The leaves are changing colour in the forest outside my window - what does that mean?