Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Paper Bag Princess


Checked my email when I got home last night and discovered that our tiny little fundraising package for SickKids has won a CMA Award.

This same little package recently won a DMA Echo Award.

I'm SO excited about this, primarily because, to look at it, this package is nothing special...which is exactly what the AD and my best friend, SO, intended when he designed it. It contains a simple letter and a 3¢ paper bag.

But this little dynamo rocked the house. It raised 30% more money than forecast and had a response rate that was 130% over goals.

The best part of all of this is not that we won, but that the little girl that featured in the piece - Caitlin - has battled through her chemotherapy and radiation treatments, and is currently in remission from leukaemia.

I have a special passion for SickKids. It's so nice when the good guys win.

No comments: