Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If pigeons ruled the world....

If pigeons ruled the world, I wonder what they'd throw on the ground to attract humans.

Recently, I've been noticing huge flocks of pigeons on my morning walk.

There's a gaggle of them that hang out in the area around Sherbourne and Carlton, and a large group of them that makes Jamestown their home. Periodically, and seemingly without warning, they take off and fly in formation in a semi-circle, before landing where they started and resume whatever it is pigeons do.

Some people -- usually the ones who spend their days pushing shopping carts -- seem to keep them in day old bread crumbs.

While I try to love all God's little creatures equally, the swarms of pigeons freak me out a little.

Maybe it's the time back in high school when I got stoned and watched The Birds, or maybe its just that with their sharp beaks and piercing eyes, pigeons kind of look like they have it in for us.

They don't just want our balconies....they want our souls.

I think it's a safe bet that I'll never get a bird.

No comments: