Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Peach Pit

Whenever I try to register for web sites that solely recognize US addresses, I use the most famous Zip Code of all: 90210.

You can imagine my delight to discover that Jennie Garth is one of the contestants on my guilty pleasure, Dancing with the Stars. Garth played Kelly Taylor for Beverly Hills 90210's entire 10 year run. She's still cute as a button. I'll probably use up my inheritance text-messaging votes for her.

I loved Bev-o, and continue to love it in re-runs.

Who can forget some of the more memorable moments -- like the time Donna (that husband-stealing bee-atch Tori Spelling) is busted for being drunk at the Prom and faces the possibility of explusion. Everyone walks out of their finals to her hearing, shouting: Donna Martin graduates!

Or the time that Andrea Finkelstein (the only 50 year old to ever play a teen on TV) gets knocked up by her Latino boyfriend and ends up raising her bastard love child while waiting for her friends to show up at the Peach Pit after dark.

Or gay-David's elementary school friend who accidentally shoots himself in the head while playing with guns at his freaking birthday party.

Good times.

What's your favourite Bev-o episode?

6 comments:

©km said...

OMG.. I use the 90210 postal code to sign up for stuff as well. I'm thinking that most thinking people do.

I'm pretty sure it's Andrea Zuckerman.

Not Finklestein.

And David was gay? what? Were we even watching the same show?

FrannyGlass said...

I stand corrected. Andrea Finkelstein was actually a little girl whom I taught in kindergarten!

David was TOTALLY gay.

JT said...

my fave episode is when brenda and dylan break up...the scene is in dylan's car and R.E.M.'s "losing my religion" is playing...i loved that episode b/c i always thought dylan and kelly belonged together...

©km said...

I hated Shannen Doherty... so I was a fan of any episode where Brenda got the short end of the stick. I actually disliked the name "Brenda" for the longest time.. until my brother married a girl named Brenda. She's nothing at all like Shannen.

I always liked Jennie Garth.. and yes, Dylan and Kelly did belong together.

In other, somewhat related news.. I watched Facts of Life last night, and once again, totally related to Jo. She was being all responsible, yet cool.. and getting shunned because of it. Someone should do a thesis on which characters people related to as teenagers, and how they turned out as adults.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree about GayDavid, and how fitting that he was hooked up with Drag Queen SupposiTori.

My favourite episode actually involved both characters: SupposiTori caught GayDavid with his hooker girlfriend screwing in the back of the limousine. SupposiTori was SO shocked, it was hilarious. (actually, that must have been similar to how Mary Jo Eustace felt when she caught her (also gay) husband with SuppoiTori.

wendywalnut said...

dammit, this blog is cracking me up (which is great when i've been up since 3am with freaking insomnia). anyway, my two cents:
-90210 is also my postal code du choix online
-fave episode or actually scene is any of them where david is doing any sort of music or dance. this was cringe-inducing before the advent of george costanza.
-i totally support the GayDavid + Drag Queen SupposiTori hypothesis