Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Joy in the morning

This morning's Zen calendar entry reveals this pithy epithet from Frederick Franck:

"Millions of people, unseeing, joyless, bluster through life in their half sleep, hitting, kicking and killing what they have barely perceived."

Whoa. Clearly Mr. Franck had a crappy morning on the TTC or his Timmies is definately half empty. But he goes on to redeem himself somewhat by concluding:

"They have never learned to SEE or they have forgotten that man has eyes to SEE, to experience."

Okay, I get it. Intimacy comes with attention. But really, do you have to be such a buzz kill?

And speaking of attention....if there are any children watching, please look away....I got my first bikini wax EVER yesterday.

Oh my god. I mean, really. Oh my god. Thank god for the gentle hands and warm spirit of Saba, the bikini waxer, who walked me through this virgin experience. I wonder where bikini waxers rank on the scale of job satisfaction? I'm guessing that a day spent looking at nappy women in paper underpants would send me over the Bloor Viaduct.

When she was done, Saba sent me off with a wink and a (I swear to god) "Have fun." Fun! I'm gonna try, Saba. God willing....I'm gonna try.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

©km said...

who said only children don't know how to share...