Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Energy vampires: a cautionary tale

See me.
Feel me.
Touch me.
Heal me.

Some people suck the energy out of me as effectively as a vacuum-sealed freezer bag. You meet a lot of these people when you're a manager.

People who whine.

People who need a sounding board.

People who want you to fix things.

People who want you to listen to how they fixed things.

People who want you to acknowledge how they are busier than everyone else.

People who want to complain about how other people are not as busy as they are.

People who complain about how so and so looked at them funny, got a better chair, has a better view, and a more satisfying list of projects than they do.

People who aren't happy until you're unhappy too.


This week, I'm wearing my shoulders like earrings. I think I'll meet my boss at the airport with a Welcome Home sign.

1 comment:

©km said...

I was talking to someone this morning about this same issue. She said that Pisces drained all the happiness out of her.

I told her that people who can't shut up and need to be babysat emotionally drain all the happiness out of me.