Monday, January 5, 2009

In with the new

Today is my first day back at work after 13 days of holiday. I might need a nap.

In this economy, one needs to be careful about saying "I could get used to being off". But really, I could get used to being off.

That said, a return to routine is never a bad thing.

A few holiday memories to share:

Best movie: The Wrestler. Mickey Rourke is incredible and Marisa Tomei is fearless. Eat your treat before the fight scenes start...basically during the Trailer, if you can't stand the sight of blood.

Worst movie seen: 7 Pounds. Dumb, dumb, dumb. But if you make it to the end, you'll laugh your ass off at what happens to Woody Harrelson.

Best meal: Mussels at Leslie Jones on Queen Street. Little pillows of goodness and one of the best waiters I've had in a long time. Runner Up: Bagel Champignons at Le Petit Dejeuner.

Best Christmas present. A book compiled by my BFF, chronicling our trip to Thailand. It immediately became one of the few possessions I would grab if there was ever a fire.

Best present I bought myself. Season One and Two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sarah Michelle Gellar still slays them, twelve years later.

Worst Karaoke Performance: Come on Eileen, sung with two friends at a local watering hole. What possessed us all to sing a song that no one knew particularly well, is one of life's big mysteries. My contribution was trying to get the other patrons to clap their hands above their heads, thereby forgetting what they were listening to.

Happy New Year. Hope your holidays were swell.

1 comment:

Hez said...

I thought the acting in The Wrestler was great, but didn't love the movie overall. However, I absolutely LOVED Slumdog Millionaire. You should go see it...