Monday, January 12, 2009

Light over Toronto

The worst part of winter is the darkness.

It's dark when I get up, dark when I leave for work, and it starts getting dark again about 4 in the afternoon. I usually need to turn on my desk lamp about 3:30, so I can see.

And I have a corner, with floor to ceiling windows.

But all that changed this morning.

This morning I noticed that it was getting a little lighter, as I made my way across the Bloor Viaduct.

The sky was bright. The sun refracted off the tip of the CN Tower.

Somewhere in my body I felt it. The darkness would not last forever. Spring would come.

Isn't it funny how just a little change in a positive direction -- the slightest tweak -- can so immediately improve the mood?

And isn't it funny how this lesson applies to all of life?

No comments: