Monday, January 19, 2009

Revolutionary Road

My BFF and I saw Revoloutionary Road this weekend. It's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" for our generation.

Even before the movie started, the energy was so intense that a fight nearly broke out for the seat in front of us...twice!

If you've been living under a rock, you haven't heard that this film marks the first celluloid reunion of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio since Titantic. The two movies couldn't be more different, except maybe that their marriage in Revolutionary Road is sinking big time.

Don't worry, I won't spoil it for you if you haven't already seen it.

But I'll say this: the movie is a perfect study of two people who come together because of a mutual dislike of the same thing.

We couldn't stop talking about it...probably because we couldn't shake off the gloom. Don't expect to be uplifted. Expect to be challenged.

And expect to ask yourself the question, "What am I afraid of?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, personally, am afraid of movies that make me afraid. "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" anyone?

©km said...

We all need a little "mall cop" now and then. I saw 'Four Christmases" a month ago, but it was the second movie on one ticket - didn't feel as bad and it didn't require any thinking. I had my head stretched with "I've loved you so long" last weekend and I think I'm due for another bonk. Thanks for the rec.

wv = forpi
= three pie plus one.

Blodwynn said...

Since 'Finding Nemo' I've never been the same.