Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sleepers

My wonderful cousin, whose comments appear on this Blog periodically under the name Wendy Walnut, spawned a delightful little walnut of her own. I met her for the first time over the holidays, since oceans and borders separate us.

Baby Walnut is all chubby, gooey Kiwi goodness. She's incredibly perfect. You'd be tempted to stick her entire foot in your mouth without any provocation.

One of my favourite presents that I gave this holiday season was a subversive little baby sleeper -- all black and long-sleeved -- upon which was written: This is what a feminist looks like.

I suspect Mommy will like it even more than Baby Walnut.

The alternative, which I hotly debated before making my choice, had the following written on it: 2,000 years of patriarchy and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

See, this is why I love shopping in Kensington Market.

1 comment:

wendywalnut said...

we've only just finished unpacking from the big trip to canadee-a, so in the next few days will get a photo of solenne in her new gladrags to you!! if helen clark were still prime minister, i'd send it to her too!
wv: "iness" suffix denoting the character of something. e.g. "there is no matching the genkiness of reese witherspoon in 'legally blonde'."