Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Slushed

I got completely slushed on the way to work this morning.

Slush is that lethal combination of snow, dirt and road salt, usually sprayed out like a machine gun from the tires of a passing vehicle. Doubly treacherous if it's a city bus. There's usually no ducking for cover.

I figured after the slushing that I might as well walk to work, even if the snow was falling in huge, wet clumps.

The flakes were as big as your head. The sort of snow that makes you believe that God is just a big kid. No one else could design snow as perfectly beautiful.

It was perfect snow man snow, too. I managed to drag my arm along a stone fence to come up with several handfuls of the white stuff that I formed into perfect balls.

The only thing missing was someone to throw them at.

2 comments:

Hez said...

Isn't Barb in town?

Blodwynn said...

how did you get that from slushed?

I'm in Toronto!!!!!!!!!

vw= smsin I've been smsin you guys!!!!!