Monday, July 7, 2008

Welcome to Date Week


It's Date Week, chez Franny Glass.

As timing would have it, this is the week when I'm scheduled to meet three of the four contenders with whom I've been keeping up a regular correspondence.

As fate would have it, three of the four of them have names beginning with "J".

This could be troublesome.

We recently hired an art director named Natasha and an intern named Nicole. I call each of them by the other's name with startling regularity. I'm afraid I'm going to do the same with my little online friends.

Met one of the "J"s for a nice long walk yesterday. Points for being a nurse with a dog named Doogie Bowser. And points for suggesting a walk in the first place. But no real connection. Doogie was pretty hot, however.

While our online relationship had been punctuated by J's trip to Vancouver for a conference, and some talk of a previous trip to Ghana, I mistakenly took this for a love of travel and adventurous personality. Not so, I discovered, a few minutes into my walk. Turns out J doesn't travel too much, doesn't really enjoy it, and hardly ate anything while in Ghana. Deal breaker.

Meeting another "J" tomorrow.

And then an "E" on Wednesday.

I'm holding out a lot of hope for "E"...if only because it doesn't start with J, and it's the first letter in "excellent".

5 comments:

©km said...

This makes me smile all over. Mostly because you know my history with a series of people with the same first name. You know it's a problem when you start numbering them. As you know, I'm at #3 and refuse to even talk to anyone with that same name online.

Whatever you do, don't add them to Facebook.

You're definitely packing in the fun. Good luck. In-person trumps all email.

Blodwynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blodwynn said...

The letter "E" is also the start of the words eccentric and emulsify.

Hez said...

And exotic and erogenous.

wendywalnut said...

and EEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!
keep us posted... xow
ps - why would someone who doesn't like to travel go to ghana? huh?