Friday, July 11, 2008

Bloated: The Price of Gas

The fact that I own a 2001 Suzuki Swift with barely 27,000 kms on it will attest to the fact that I'm not a big driver.

So you can imagine my surprise when I filled up this morning and gas was at 134.9! It cost me nearly $32 to fill up. This might not sound like a lot to you -- especially if you drive a sports ute -- but this is a good $10 more than I've ever paid to fill Lady Bug from empty.

While I live and work downtown and can walk or take public transit almost anywhere, I can only imagine what impact the high cost of gas is having on families who need their vehicles for dropping off and picking up kids, or for sales people who spend their days on the road.

Next car -- if there is a next car -- will have to be a hybrid, or one of those darling little Smart Cars. At least with the latter, it runs on the smell of a gas rag and you can park it in your pocket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Ladybug a boy or a girl car?