Monday, May 5, 2008

See, the early bird really does catch the worm

Lucky, lucky me. Some people working on a big project at work were looking for someone to fly to Nova Scotia this weekend. The task: to drive around the province, visit retailers, and observe the client's product in a real retail setting.

Are you kidding me?

You'll pay me to fly somewhere, rent a car, stay in a fancy hotel, and go shopping? I'm the luckiest girl on the planet.

So that's how I spent my weekend.

I'm still reeling from Digby scallops and salt cod mashed potatoes I had for dinner at the Five Fishermen in Halifax on Saturday night. That, and the sight of Team Latvia, with their faces painted blue, in town for the World Hockey Championship.

I don't care what anyone says. Maritimers really are nicer than the rest of us.

I got up especially early on Sunday morning to drive to Peggy's Cove, where I ate breakfast overlooking the Atlantic. I had to put my hand on the lighthouse to remind myself that this was really happening. It was.

Wow. Great weekend.

No comments: