Thursday, May 8, 2008

Boys don't make passes

My new eyeglasses are ready. I'm picking them up tonight.

I don't even want to tell you how much they're costing me.

My prescription alone, with the requisite progressive lenses signalling my impending decrepitude, costs more than a sizable plot of land in a South American dictatorship.

Still, I'm pretty excited about them.

When you consider that I can barely get to the bathroom in the middle of the night without putting on my glasses, they're an investment worth making. Plus, I'm hoping they'll help me on the spring fever front.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dig that crazy cat's glasses!

Anonymous said...

lady, you should have waited until you went to thailand later this year. frames + lenses are SO inexpensive there (for the same quality - and even the same product) that you would get in canada. i always bought my glasses in SE asia, and always picked up an extra pair of lenses (so i could get frames in canada if necessary). just an idea...