Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blindsided by bliss


"I'm a kind of paranoic in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy," JD Salinger wrote.

That's how I felt this morning when I was blindsided by bliss.

One of my good Australian friends emailed me out of the blue. He's scheduled to attend a meeting in Ottawa and wondered if he should do so via Toronto so we could have a visit and catch up.

YES!

What a lovely start to the weekend that will include more catching up with more friends, including my beautiful Polish friend whose name I always struggle to spell correctly, since it includes about 15 different consonants all strung together.

KD is turning 40, which must be rough for an avowed Bohemian like himself. Probably not, though, since he's always marched to the beat of his own drummer. A talented MAC Artist, he has also worked as a bike courier and a decorative ceiling installer in the ten years I've known him. In recent years he's traded in his mohawk for a shiny bald head. He's a beautiful guy.

Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: