Monday, May 12, 2008

An open letter to the Universe


Dear Universe,

Hi. How are you? I am fine.

Thanks for everything you did finding me my house. I still love it a lot, even though I haven't hung my pictures yet. I'm planning to do that this weekend, along with a dozen other jobs I've been putting off.

But that's not why I'm writing to you.

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind looking in your little bag of love interests and choosing someone just for me.

Because it worked so well in the past, I'll give you my wish list, but feel free to surprise me.

I'm looking for someone who is: kind, funny, smart, quirky, positive, self-supporting, independent, trustworthy, well-travelled, and monogamous.

While you're at it, it would be great if you sent someone who I get, and who gets me. I can be a handful, Universe, as you know.

Depressive personalities and addictive tendencies need not apply.

It would be great if it was easy, too -- an instant connection that just gets better with time. My day job takes a lot of work, I'd like the easy bit to be after hours.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your Friend,

Franny Glass

P.S. I realize after reading the above that you might be tempted to send me a puppy. This is not the surprise I am after.

FG
XX00

2 comments:

©km said...

Oddly, your wish list is very similar to mine. If The Universe happens to send you someone "too young" for your liking - feel free to forward them on.

But I don't want the puppy either. My cats wouldn't tolerate it.

Hez said...

The Universe better send you someone pretty darn special - because you deserve nothing less!!