Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oooh oooh, oooh oooh oooh...you got a bad attitude

The silicone chip inside my head has switched to overload.

I'm feeling nasty and venomous toward the people where I bought my new eyeglasses.

You may recall my post of more than a month ago. I was really excited to pick up my new glasses.

I turned up for the fitting and it turned out that they'd done the measurement incorrectly.

When I picked up the plasticized sheet to read it, it looked like the left side of the paper was much longer than the right. This happens some time -- apparently -- when someone has an astigmitism. I have two...because I'm special.

Anyway, I went through two dispensing opticians that day until I landed on the owner who assured me that he would put a rush on a replacement set of lenses.

About a week and a half later I get a call.

The lenses have arrived. They are scratched! They are going to re-order the lenses. They are going to put a rush on these, too.

Ahhhhhh!

So, a week passes and I call again. The lenses have not arrived. The woman I speak to says she can insert the scratched lenses into my frames for me if I like. I say no thanks.

So I call again yesterday. It is nearly a week later. The glasses are still not ready. I am assured they will be ready this week. Because of problems the first go-round, the owner has asked me to ensure that he do the fitting.

You guessed it, owner will be away for most of this week. Woman says, "Someone else can do the fitting." I say, I would prefer the owner because, in my head, I'm imagining everything that CAN go wrong because of everything that has gone wrong.

Negative thinking, watch me spin.

Anyway....

I tell the woman I am speaking to -- turns out that she is the co-owner -- that this has been an unpleasant experience. She clearly does not know the whole situation, nor does she subscribe to the theory that the customer is always right. She infers that the change in my prescription is what has caused this gong show.

This last part hit the cap c button on crazy for me.

Now I'm livid. Livid and short-sighted...in so many ways!

My re-re-appointment is on Saturday morning.

Strength. Perspective. Serenity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you already paid for them? If not, I say "Let Your Wallet Walk"...

©km said...

The lovely people of Bangladesh have never screwed up my severely astigmatized prescription... all 3 pairs of $30 glasses have been exactly what I ordered. Never scratched.

Dunno what that says about the education system in Canada compared to a third world country.

I'm sure you could order a pair from them, for fun - and have them in your crazy hands before the people here get it right.

Blodwynn said...

I concur.
Walk away and don't even tell them until they call you to pick up your glasses.
If they get their nickers in a twist about it, I find just mentioning the BBB gets their bifocals focused.

Or you could always throw poo at them.

wendywalnut said...

i agree with all three comments before me. can you wait until you go to thailand? good deals (and amazing service) to be had there, i'm sure...