Thursday, April 2, 2009

Whale of a Time

About fifteen years ago, my BFF and I were living in Ottawa.

We shared ownership of a little red car - a perky Ford Festiva. It actually looked quite a lot like my current Suzuki Swift. It ran on the smell of a gas rag.

The car was brand new and we wanted to break it in. Our road trip destination of choice was Provincetown.

We didn't have a lot of money to make the trip. In fact, we did it with a mixture of camping and cookouts, and kept to our budget of $40 (yes, that's right) a day. But we did make one splurge. We took a whale-watching trip in Provincetown. It blew the bank. But it also blew our minds.

There's nothing that will make you more in awe of this incredible planet than seeing whales frolicking in their natural habitat. I think we both had tears streaming down our faces by the end of it. Anyway, I thought of that experience this morning when this new ad came across my desk. Give it a watch.

No comments: