Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Liza with a Z

I saw Liza in concert at Roy Thomson Hall last night and I'm not afraid to tell you that it was absolutely thrilling.

I was grinning from ear to ear. This woman is an icon. She isn't just a friend of Dorothy, she's her daughter!

The place was lousy with gay guys. No big surprise there. Liza's a bigger drag queen then most of the guys in the audience.

She clearly knows and loves her fans, too. Which probably explains her show stopping number from Charles Aznavour: What makes a man. Click here for a little gay ed.

I can't remember the last time I saw so many people rush the stage to present flowers and gifts to a performer.

After one fellow presented her with a particularly large and lovely bouquet of tulips, she quipped: "Oh honey, these are expensive!," then (one beat) "I'm just happy when you show up."

So are we, Liza. So are we.

1 comment:

Hez said...

I saw a clip of her singing on the Oscars once... doing a little intro. to the show. Loved it. I always walk around singing "Os-car! Everybody loves ya Os-cah!!"

Oh, and can you get any better than 1991's "Stepping Out" starring Miss Liza??

I think not.