Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes we can!

Don't you love it when the good guys win?

I can't remember the last time I felt this positive about where the world was going.

God Bless Barack Obama for wanting what is clearly one of the biggest, toughest and most thankless jobs in the world. And for embracing it with pride and dignity. And God Bless the real John McCain, who conceded with more grace than I have seen in a politician in a long time.

One of the art directors I work with is one of those glass half empty kind of dudes. Always pointing out what can go wrong. Even he, on this fine history-making morning, came in to work with a smile on his face saying, "I don't know. I kinda believe change might be possible."

Wow. Talk about harnessing your wagon to a star.

With our thoughts we make our world.

And while Barack Obama was winning a victory in the US, there was a contest of another kind going on in a tiny little area of our city. An advertising awards show.

Many of my colleagues from throughout the city were there. And many of them -- talented folks, all -- walked away with some awfully pretty and shiny awards.

But there were two that I'm really happy about, that I share with my good friend and best partner, Barb.

We won for UNICEF in the not-for-profit category. But we also won something bigger -- Best of the Best. A real surprise.

Although Barb couldn't be there -- because she was sitting on a beach in Hawaii, no doubt listening to election results -- she'd be happy to know that I screamed like a school girl, held hands with the account director, and skipped to the stage to collect our award.

Anything is possible. For the children of the developing world. For me. For you. Yes we can.

4 comments:

Hez said...

Beautiful blog! And you are VERY deserving of the best of the best. Congrats again, my lovely, lovely friend.

Blodwynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blodwynn said...

Congrats wonderful partner and dear friend.

It's not over yet! We'll work together again soon.

miss you.

b

Wait. What? said...

Change is good! Yes we did!