Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday.

Thank God for Facebook. It's turned everyone's birthday into a giant love-in. You need never feel forgotten or unloved again.

Anyway, here are my wishes on my birthday.

1) That I will always remember what a great and wonderful life we are given to play with. That I won't needlessly create problems for myself. That I will choose happiness and serenity over offense and discord. That I'll just relax and enjoy the ride.

2) There's a place for doing good work but work, too, can become an addiction. I wish for balance in all things.

3) That the Yes We Can attitude sticks around for a bit. What a relief it is to feel like the world as we know it is has substituted fear and isolation for openness and possibility.

4) That I remember that it's more important to love well (and that includes loving myself) then to look for someone to love me.

5) That I remain healthy, happy, and at ease. And I wish this for everyone else, too.

6) That there are more great books to be read over the year. The geeky part of me is never happier than when I have a good book on the go.

7) That there are more vistas to explore and more countries to discover. Where next? Bhutan. Nepal. Tibet? Back to Australia.

8) That we have peace in our time. In honour of my birthday, I joined MSF's (Doctors without Borders) monthly giving program with a small monthly donation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Franny. Thanks for creating a little patch of sunshine on the web.

Ryan McNeil said...

I've been a bit off the grid this week...and I'm really sorry I missed reading this yesterday.

Hope your birthday has been a happy one, and that the next year brings nothing but good things and more new friends.