Friday, November 7, 2008

I heart my mortgage broker

I'd like to personally thank my mortgage broker for talking me into a variable rate mortgage.

My cautious and risk averse nature made me a natural for the fixed rate mortgage. If I'd listened to my fears, I'd be paying nearly 6% now.

Instead, my current interest rate is 3.1%. That's right. 3.1%!

I'm thinking of canceling the depressing, world-is-going-to-hell-in-a-handcart, nay-saying newspaper and pumping the extra money into my mortgage.

1 comment:

©km said...

yay for variable rate mortgages and taking little risks! Yes, they say that the slow and steady predictable fixed-rate tortoise usually wins over the unpredictable hare - but they never said anything about the bi-polar hare who takes naps every now and then then jumps ahead when the tortoise thinks it is getting close.

That made very little sense.

Sorry.

Yay for variable rates!