Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More things I know for sure


It's easier to believe the bad stuff. Anyone with a voice box is calling themselves an expert on the economy these days. "Oh it's going lower," they'll say with absolute certainty, "and soon we'll all be pushing apple carts and riding the rails." No one knows what's going to happen and everyone is scared as hell. But what's the first lesson we learned during our Grade 3 fire drill? Don't panic. In fires, as in the economic downturns, survival depends on being the person who has the presence of mind to put wet towels around the door, instead of flinging the door open and running straight into the inferno.

Negativity requires less effort than positivity. Positivity means you need to invest in the solution, instead of blaming the past.

Molten chocolate lava cake is the best invention since the polio vaccine. If, or rather when I'm on Death Row, this will definitely be on my hit list.

Raisins are nature's candy. My office mates mocked me when I brought my mini-boxes of raisins to work. Then they all started eating them. Next up on the agenda: cat food.

Nothing is as good, or as bad as it seems. Buddha was really on to something with his whole "middle way" approach. Maybe that's why he was Buddha.

Scrub your iPOD of Tori Amos music. Unless you want to start cutting yourself with a rusty blade, there's no good reason to be listening to Tori Amos. Try ABBA instead. Your happiness-o-meter will go up exponentially.

5 comments:

Blodwynn said...

hahahahhaha....I miss you and heart you more.

Blodwynn said...

funny my word verification to post that comment was 'aunties' ...

... this one is wiphoff.

Who writes this stuff?

Anonymous said...

I find the word verification process very stressful. I fail it all the time and I worry that this means that I am a moron.

Ryan McNeil said...

OK...I'll ditch the Amos...but there's NO WAY i can load up on Abba.

Will Billy Joel do?

wendywalnut said...

can i ditch the raisins and load up on molten chocolate cake? isn't that better for happiness as well?

dingle (verification).