Wednesday, October 1, 2008

TEAM OFFSITE SPOILER ALERT

Probably because I lack the dexterity to look away fast enough, I ending up on the planning committee for the office off-site.

The job of sourcing a venue and a secret team building activity fell to me.

Anyone whose been employed for longer than ten minutes has probably been to one of these.

Most of us don't just watch The Office, we live it.

In the past, you may have trustingly fallen backwards into the supportive arms of your co-workers. You might know that you're an ENFP. Or you may have learned how to take off your analytical hat and put on your creative hat.

Well, after tomorrow, my co-workers will have learned a a new skill to rival any of these.

Because you put me in charge, we're learning something we can really use.

I've hired a dance instructor and we're learning the Thriller dance.

There's actually some method in my madness. Bringing a group of people together -- especially a group with wildly divergent talents and skill sets -- is a bit of a dance to begin with.

Learning Thriller is a way to work as a team toward a common goal.

The strong will help the weak along. The "managers" will realize that the real talent lies in the corp. And we'll have fun and laugh like hyenas the whole time.

God I wish Barb was going to be here for this.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Hez said...

I wish I was going to be there for that!!! I must work with you again one day.

wendywalnut said...

now if this were taking place in your *amsterdam* location, you could get some extraordinarily thrilling dancing! har har har