Thursday, October 9, 2008

Going Steady

Thailand and I are so in love. i think I want to marry it.

Seriously.

The entire country is full of smiley, happy people.

Smiling seems to be the national pasttime. I'm even smiling while writing this.

Don't have much time to post as I'm about to head off to an elephant sancturary where they rescue abused and orphaned elephants.

These are elephants who have been used for logging or who have been injured by poachers. The volunteers there give them a safe and happy place to live out their days.

Our friends in Bangkok told us about it. This sanctuary has been featured on the National Geographic channel.

Apparently we get to observe them (the elephants, not our friends) in their natural habitat, feed them their dinner, and even help wash them during bath time.

This is about as close to nirvana as I think I can get in this lifetime.

I'm thinking the elephants are going to freak when I pull out the 6 or 7 moves I still remember from Thriller!

1 comment:

©km said...

let's hope you don't get too close to the backside of the elephants, after dinner :)

Keep taking notes for me... I'm headed 'round there in January.