Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm dancing as fast as I can!


Michael Jackson is a crazy mo-fo, but that boy can dance!

Here are some of the lessons learned during our Thriller dance off yesterday.

1) If you want the boys in the department to participate, hire a female teacher with a smoking hot body. Not only will they dance, they'll dance in the front line.

2) Doing something really hard and making it look easy (cue life lesson here) is a skill worth mastering.

3) While I was eating Wagon Wheels and watching 7 hours of TV a day in grade 7, I should have been taking dance lessons.

4) A few people got really hung up on how well they were doing, thinking that everyone was watching and critiquing their performance. Another big life lesson here -- you're not that important! Everyone else was too busy trying to learn their own routine to care!

5) You never know who can pull a butt shimmy out of their back pocket and blow you away.

6) The world needs more 80s music.

7) Physical activity is the best stress reliever there is. I slept like a baby last night.

***

I'm off on vacay, starting tomorrow, and will have limited access to the internet. I'll try to post periodically, to give you a taste of Thailand. Peace out.

1 comment:

Joe said...

One of my favs - "mo fo" . . . but is there a hyphen in "mo fo?" Maybe safer to place hyphen in there. This will help me from being criticized in my future correspondence. I appreciate that your help. (Mo-fo is one of my favorites still - when I am obnoxious and trying to lighten up VERY close friends)

Now, about that smoking hot body female teacher thing . . .

And what is a "butt shimmy?" Not that there is anything wrong with that . . .

Agree on the 80's music. Nothing like something upbeat. Still like Whitney's Dance with Somebody song and related big hair and shoulder pads. As a side note, if I found the shoulder pads as hot back then, what would I think about football players? Yikes


Great post - I sense you are in a fun mood and ready for Thailand. I love the prawns - never been to Thailand - closest Singapore and Hong Kong - two other great places - HAVE TONS of fun.

Joe