Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just another day for you and me in Paradise

I can't get that Phil Collins song out of my head.

Every morning I wake up to brilliant blue sunshine, look out at the ocean and hear the words, "Just another day for you and me in Paradise."

I suppose there are worse songs to have in your head.

One of them would be Celine's "My Heart will Go On," which was what was playing on the radio before we got on our boat to Ko Phi Phi island yesterday.

Just a note to boat operators everywhere...probably not a good idea to play the theme song from the Titanic before engaging in any kind of seafaring activity. It's a little like showing Castaway or Airport '99 on a plane.

Happily there was no capsizing -- no icebergs for thousands of miles. Just more incredible Thai scenery. Heaven on earth, folks.

We visited the incredible palm tree dotted white sandy beach where they filmed The Beach. Bad movie, but possibly the best beach ever.

And we snorkelled in some incredible coral reefs, where the fish were plentiful and friendly...attracted, perhaps, by the small pieces of watermelon that our boat operators were throwing over the side of the boat. Who knew fish liked watermelon?

Incredible.

This afternoon we're booked for a Thai cooking course.

We spent the first part of the afternoon learning, and the second part doing and eating. Sounds like a good deal.

2 comments:

Blodwynn said...

Jealousy showed up and stole all my words.

Hez said...

I was telling Andrew about your amazing trip last night. He was very jealous - and also very concerned about whether you'd make it back in time for Doc Soup or not. :)