Thursday, September 4, 2008

Office Provocative

I was in Montreal on business yesterday. I might as well have been in your basement, for all I saw of this beautiful, vibrant city.

The limo picked me up at 4:30 a.m. and we pulled into the offices in Old Montreal at 9 a.m. We flew out of their offices at 5 p.m., and out of the city at 7 p.m. It was a helluva commute.

The day was comprised of one Power Point presentation after another. I thought I might have to write my own prescription for ritalin at some point.

Each presenter appeared to vie to make their font slightly smaller than the previous presenter's. Lunch -- which was delicious -- was eaten while watching yet another Power Point presentation. My GM actually fell asleep at one point.

If they ever make me Queen, it is my solemn vow to you that I will abolish Power Point forever. There will also be regular ceremonial burnings of all Blackberrys.

Anyway, perhaps because it was Montreal -- think style, think attitude, think Celine Dion -- or perhaps because they were simply waging their own private protest against Power Point, a number of the French women in the meeting were incredibly, scantily attired.

I'm not kidding.

We're talking summer dresses with teeny tiny little spaghetti straps. Plunging necklines. Short skirts and bikini style tops.

Their style was equal parts boudoir and village wet nurse.

Sure it was 31C outside...but inside, we have this bold new thing called air conditioning.

It's all we could talk about in the cab ride to the airport.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, we were not meeting with WonderBra.

2 comments:

Blodwynn said...

so many promotions, so little time.

wendywalnut said...

these folks are from the culture that drinks wine at lunch time without it being deemed professionally inappropriate. so, maybe there is something to their modus vivendi?