Friday, February 13, 2009

What's love got to do with it?

In honour of Valentine's Day -- the day I celebrate on the 15th, with the solo purchase of half price chocolate -- I wanted to share some things in life that I love.

1) Peanut butter and banana sandwiches. It's true. I've got a little of the Elvis in me.
2) The second cup of coffee on a Saturday morning when you know you don't need to rush out the door.
3) People who do the right thing, even when no one else is looking.
4) Anyone who gives up their public transit seat to an older person, without being asked.
5) Ju Jubes. Not sours.
6) Getting off an airplane somewhere I've never been.
7) Aid workers.
8) Broadway show tunes.
9) Clean sheets.
10) Clothes lines and cities that don't ban them.
11) People who have a passion for something I know nothing about -- collectors of almost anything, historians, lovers of lost causes.
12) The Westminster Dog Show, although I'm always happy when the standard poodle doesn't win.
13) The gentle rolls of fat on a baby's leg.
14) Theatre popcorn with cheddar cheese shakey stuff.
15) Documentaries.
16) Going for walks.
17) Reading the Sunday New York Times Magazine.
18) Changing from my work clothes into my yoga pants, the minute I get home.
19) Having a cat that's happy to see me.
20) Holding hands.
21) Dalton McGuinty, for giving us a new holiday in February.

Here's to more things to love, starting with today.

No comments: