Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Things About Me


I have been tagged by at least three people on Facebook for the latest viral craze, which is: write 25 things about yourself. They can be things, facts, hobbies or goals.

So here goes.

1) The first Christmas I spent away from home was in Japan.
2) I used to be really afraid of the dark.
3) I wrote my Masters Thesis on Zen and Agents of Grace in the Uncollected Short Stories of JD Salinger.
4) JD Salinger tried to block the acquisition of several of his uncollected short stories.
5) Meeting Romeo Dallaire was a religious experience for me.
6) Few things in life rival the experience of seeing the Rift Valley for the first time.
7) Three places I'd love to go, but haven't been, are: Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan.
8) I still believe in forever, despite ample evidence to the contrary.
9) Laughter is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Followed closely by loneliness.
10) I meditate every morning and I'm often in bed before 10.
11) I watched about 7 hours of TV a day when I was a kid and can probably tell you the plot of every Partridge Family episode based on the opening scene.
12) I call my Mother every day.
13) My mother has no idea what I do.
14) I'm taking salsa lessons.
15) I used to teach kindergarten.
16) I lost my desire to teach kindergarten when I caught the chickenpox.
17) I am an only child.
18) My signature karaoke tune is Alanis' "One hand in my pocket".
19) I think everyone should live in another country as a visible minority for some time.
20) I think having worked as a waiter makes you a better customer.
21) I believe my vocation in life is raising money for worthy causes.
22) I have a solid group of friends who refer to ourselves as Slippers because, no matter where we live, when we get back to together...it's as comfortable as an old pair of slippers.
23) I was once seated in a table beside Woody Allan and Soon Yi at a New York restaurant.
24) I've lived in North Bay, Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal, Higashi Urawa, Nairobi and Canberra.
25) I'm extremely adaptable.

6 comments:

Hez said...

26. You're cute.

Anonymous said...

27. And funny.

Blodwynn said...

28. you like to look at your belly button a lot

©km said...

29. You have the amazing ability to consume ice cream in any weather.

Ryan McNeil said...

30. You make amazingly good Film Festival selections.

wendywalnut said...

31. your existence is proof that my love for potato and bread is not the only evidence i am related to the riopel clan.