Thursday, February 7, 2008

Team Awesome


I had a presentation at Subaru in Mississauga yesterday afternoon, on easily one of the worst driving days all winter.

Happily we took the company Forrester to the appointment. Not my style, really, but it sure felt safe, and handled well on the icy highways.

My art director and I have taken to referring to ourselves, only half facetiously, as Team Awesome.

After we left the meeting, I looked at him and said, rather stunned, "Dude, we might actually get to do this idea."

We were presenting a new campaign for the 2008 Impreza WRX STI. It's the boy rally car. The idea we presented was, well, you know....AWESOME! It'll not only sell a lot of cars, it will provide Team Awesome with a few months of absolute bliss in this industry.

Fingers crossed. The client looked just scared and excited enough to actually do it.

Anyway,it's hard not to be demoralized by all this snow, though.

This morning, in an attempt to turn it into a positive, I took my camera to capture some of the spectacular imagery. Snow nesting on branches and piled high, like meringue, on cars. Great in theory, but the reality was that it just made me cold and wet, as I climbed like a mountain goat over innumerable embankments.

More sun, please.

1 comment:

©km said...

all I can say is, well, awesome.
can't wait to see the idea plastered all over the place.
like the Impreza - car the Germans wish they made - ads I saw all over the dealership when I bought my car in the fall.
i still think you should gun for a test drive.