Friday, February 8, 2008

Packing it in

You'd be ill advised to visit me any time in the next week. Chances are I'd grab you, stuff you in a box, and secure you with packing tape.

Such is the frenzied single-mindedness of the over-achieving packer.

I've got the whole prison aesthetic thing down pat. I'll be surviving on one plate, one bowl, one cup, and a single place setting of cutlery for the next week now.

Soon, I'll be setting my sights on the holy trinity of fast food for my sustenance. In my neighbourhood that means alternating between Pizza Pizza, Subway and Tim Hortons.

I can't tell you how excited I am about all of this. The best part of packing is knowing that I'll be unpacking in my new place. My place. All mine.

It sure would be great to order up one of those brilliantly sunny winter days for a moving day.

No comments: