Friday, July 10, 2009

Hey Toronto, Glitter not Litter

Do you want to know what drives me crazy? Okay, crazier. It's the people who've gently piled their garbage beside the taped up City of Toronto garbage bins.

Really. Isn't there something else you could do with it. Like eat it?

If there's ever been any more incentive to recycle, I don't know what it is.

Even though I only produce about one small Sobey's bag of real garbage a week, I'm feeling the pain of this strike. Imagine what the poor sods who live near one of these horrible piles of Mount Vesuvius-like garbage drop-offs must feel.

The garbage strike stinks.

2 comments:

©km said...

Speaking of Sobeys and Garbage. I went to the one on the Queensway late last night (because I joined the club for the points). There was an AWFUL smell - at first I thought something had busted in my car. But I got out - and it was everywhere, not just me. Turns out - the strikers were BURNING garbage at the dump site across the street from Sobeys. Must be really great for the people living in those expensive homes, condos and townhouses around there.

Anonymous said...

There's always a smell there from the water treatment plant.