Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17th

I know that in advertising punning is the lowest form of humour, but I can't help but laugh at the new Alexander Keith's radio ads. Keith me, I'm Irish. It's infantile, but I can't stop giggling.

St. Patrick's Day has always held a lot of significance for me, and not because I'm prone to hanging out in pubs drinking green beer.

It's the date I moved to Japan, oh so many moons ago. And it's the date, two years later, that I moved back to Canada.

It's also the date I started working at my current job, three years ago. It was the day last year that I moved into my brand new house.

If I think long and hard, there are probably other significant events that have occurred on this date.

Or maybe they're just more memorable because I've got a holiday that reminds me what I was doing the year previously.

Tonight I'm going to see Fleetwood Mac in concert, which ought to make this St. Paddy's Day another one for the record books.

2 comments:

©km said...

I think we all have significant dates, if we pay attention.

Mine is June 3rd starting from about the time I was 14.

Have fun with Stevie.

Blodwynn said...

I don't have a significant date, just significant time.

Everything seems to happen to me on exact times.
i.e. 2:22, 4:44.

I'll keep an eye on Mick Fleetwoods house while he's up there.